Summer Proof Makeup

6:14 pm


I'm sure that anyone that wears makeup will agree when I wearing makeup in the summer can be such a hassle. It is constantly coming off, smudging, too heavy on the skin and overall a pain to deal with. Well not to worry I have a few products and tips to share with you to create the perfect light weight and sweat-proof makeup look. I will list some products that I use, however, remember all of the products can be purchased in different colours so no look will be the same.



Base:
Firstly, starting with the base. The base of the look is also the most important, a good base will keep the rest of your makeup looking intact for the rest of the day.
I like to start by applying Mac Fix Plus, It hydrates your skin, acts as a primer and will prolong the wear of the makeup you will be applying after.


Then apply Maybelline’s Dream Pure BB Cream. This BB cream is oil free and has an SPF of 15. Which is a must in summer makeup, sun damage is one of the main courses of complexation ageing.
Prevention is better to start before you start to see signs of again, rather that when it's too late and harder to reverse the process. Oil free products is also a must in summer. Oils can clog up your pores and cause irritation, leading to blemishes and breakouts.


Highlighting, my favourite part of any makeup look, even more so in summer. Who says you can’t be a glowing goddess? In the hotter months, I tend to gravitate towards cream highlighters, just as they tend to look more natural and are lighter on the skin. Applying powdered highlighters on top of foundations can sometimes come across as looking cakey. Everyone has their own taste in makeup looks but in the summer months, I prefer a slightly dewier completion. Definitely try out Sleeks highlighting pallets, personally, my favourite is Precious Metals. The pallet includes four different shades, three of them being cream highlighters and one powdered. However, if you are as obsessed with highlighter as I am, you can apply this as a blush/bronzer.
If you aren’t as keen on illuminating makeup, but still want something light and easy to wear, Benefit’s Benetint and Rosytint are perfect for you. They are cheek stains that are easy to apply and last for hours. Cheek stains tend to last a long time, however slowly fade, rather than wipe off. This makes them ideal for summer and beach days.


Eyes:
Wearing eye makeup, in my opinion, is defiantly one of the most frustrating things in the hotter months. Anyone that wears makeup will no doubtingly have experienced the dreaded pander eyes. So, here’s a few products that will stay in place all day.
Cream shadows tend to last longer and be more water resistant, my personal favourites are the Maybelline Colour Tattoo Creams. They have a large range of shades, they are very pigmented and super easy to apply. The creams can be applied on their own or set with pigments or pressed powdered eyeshadow.
Personally, I don’t tend to wear eyeliner when I know I’m going to be in the water however, I have found an eyeliner that is perfect and will stay on even after being in the water. It is the Tattoo Me Eyeliner by Rimmel. This eyeliner will not budge one bit.
In the past I have worn this eyeliner to a waterpark, I completely forgot I had it on. I was getting splashed and going under the water. At the end of the day, I was pleasantly surprised when I looked in the mirror and saw that my winged eyeliner was still intact! I would defiantly recommend this product for those who love wearing eyeliner.


Lips:
Nobody wants to be wearing heavy lipstick that will no doubt dry your lips out. Lip balm is you’re your best friend when it comes to the summer dry heat. Benefit release Benebalm, which is a lip balm stain, giving your lips a lasting colour and hydrating them. What more could you ask for?


Setting:

Setting your makeup can be as important as the base. My favourite is Mac Fix +. Once you have finished your makeup, spray this over your face, this will lock your makeup in all day and stop your makeup from looking cakey. This can be reapplied throughout the day if you feel your makeup becoming dry. I wouldn’t recommend this product if you like having matte makeup. The spray makes your makeup look more radiant and fresh.  

-Imogen x






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe